GESHER TEEN BOARD MEMBERS
The Gesher Teen Board Member program aims to elevate and empower teen voices in our Baltimore Jewish Community by supporting the inclusion and participation of Jewish teens on governing boards of Jewish non-profit organizations in our local community. Gesher, or bridge, represents the metaphorical bridge these teens will create between community leadership, the next generation, and our community’s future. Through this initiative, organizations will be benefited through the inclusion of teen voices and perspectives, and teens will receive the opportunity to develop their skills, network, and understanding of the framework of our Jewish community.
Teens selected to serve as Gesher Teen Board Members will be responsible for participating as active members on their selected organization’s board, as well as participate in 4 Gesher workshops throughout the calendar year, beginning with a kick-off orientation in September.
Dates: September 2023 – June 2024
Grades: 12th Grade
Applications will open Spring 2023
Gesher Teens Will Receive:
- A unique, resume-building opportunity to learn about Jewish communal leadership
- A first-hand experience in non-profit governance structures, budgeting, organizational decision making, and more
- Opportunities to network and build connections with local and national Jewish leaders
- A behind-the-scenes look at how organizations respond to emerging trends and changes in Jewish life
- Development of leadership skills through board participation and Gesher Teen workshops
- An opportunity to advocate for themselves and their peers in a place of power and decision making in our community
For more information, please contact: Diana Solomon at [email protected]