STUDENTS TAKING ACTION FOR CHANGE
Flex your leadership muscles and get political! 4Front’s STAC programs teach teens how to advocate for the causes they care about and raise their voices to make a difference. STAC offers multi-week series on relevant topics related to advocacy, activism, social justice, and politics. In these series, teens get to learn about important causes and develop real-world skills in communication, public speaking, civil discourse, student activism, leadership, and more, all while getting to know other local, Jewish teens. Teens will also explore how these topics are connected to our Jewish values and wisdom. You don’t have to be able to vote to make a difference in our community, country, or world, and we’ll teach you how!
Past STAC Series topics include: Lobbying 101, Advocacy in the Digital Age, and Election 2020.
Includes: 5 Workshops, day trip to Annapolis, and more!
Partial Scholarships available; see details on registration form.
Monday nights from 5:00PM – 8:00PM at the Owings Mills JCC
Jan 8th: Advocacy 101 & State Government
Jan 15th: Public Speaking
Feb 12th: Bill Research and Pitches
Feb 19th: Pitch Night!
Feb 21st: Advocacy Day (Wednesday, in Annapolis. Note that you will have to miss school.)
Feb 26th: Closing Session!
- Learn how to engage in civil discourse and respectful discussion
- Gain real-life, resume building, public speaking and communication skills
- Advocate for causes you care personally about
- Be exposed to diverse perspective, opinions, and points-of-view
- Discover how advocacy is an expression of your Jewish values
- Travel to Annapolis and meet with their representatives
For more information, please contact: Barak Stockler at [email protected]